If you’re in a quest to make extra cash by selling some of your items, you can still donate them. Whatever be the case, you can really save money and make an affordable move. Here are 21 great websites and apps that will you sell your unwanted stuff locally.
The number of apps available may seem overwhelming, but it’s quick and easy to narrow down the ones that interest you. Some sales apps only work in certain cities or item categories. Don’t overthink things though – the best way to earn money is to choose an app and get started! So, try various apps to sell products you don’t need
1. Craigslist Online Marketplace
Just before eBay, Craigslist and other websites sell stuffs locally.As a seller in Craigslist, you can easily create an account in few minutes. Once your account is up, just click on “Create a Posting” on the homepage and fill out all the necessary information.
When you post a listing with information regarding the item you want to sell, all you have to do is wait for buyers to contact you.Unfortunately, the website has been infiltrated by scammers. To protect yourself against bad guys, you have to avoid accepting payment by check, money order, or even PayPal.Always demand that your pay come as cash or local pickup.
2. Facebook Online Marketplace
If you are a Facebook User, you can sell or buy stuffs on the social network called Marketplace.To start, open Marketplace page and click “Sell Something.” Then select the type of item you want to sell.
Fill in the item details, which includes category, name, price, location, description, and a picture of the item before posting. After this, you then wait for buyers to indicate interest.
3. Nextdoor Online Marketplace
Nextdoor is another website that is as popular as the Facebook Marketplace. They focus on your local neighborhood to find buyers.They have an excellent and modern app with similar features. The app currently serve as an interface to the same set of tools and listings you will find in your desktop.However, you need the desktop version to edit photos, add a description, and do your research.
The app will help when you want to make minor changes like price adjustments, and communications with potential buyers. The most important part of Nextdoor, is that it has its own messaging system that tend to work well with email and the app will help you keep track of your items.
4. ThredUP Online Marketplace
ThredUP is on the world’s largest online clothing store where you can buy and sell high quality second-hand clothes.This app is just like any other online clothing shops, except all the items are second handed.When you sign up, you will get thredUP’s ‘free closet clean out kit, where you will put the clothes you that you want to sell.
Once they process your order, you’ll receive your money.
5. eBay Online Marketplace
eBay is the best choice app to sell your old stuff locally. It is a good choice if you’re not in a haste to make your sale before moving.It is one of the first place everyone will think of when they consider selling their old stuff locally.
Their local pickup listing offer the great especially when you don’t pay fees until they make a sale. However, you still need to pay commission to both eBay and PayPal for every sale you make. This result to a loss of 20% of the price of each good cloth sold.
6. Decluttr Online Marketplace
Decluttr is the perfect choice for anyone who have no time to wait for interested buyers. Once you send our items, you’ll receive an instant evaluation of your items and this is free.The Decluttr app specializes in tech and media items, but also buys and sells books.With the Better Business Bureau A rating, we can say that Decluttr is the real deal.
7. OfferUp Online Marketplace
OfferUp is a website where you can sell old stuff locally and directly to a customer. At the same time, it has a mobile app.Due it’s vision to be efficient, the website uses your current location by default once you indicate you want to sell or buy something. OfferUp recently claims to be the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers.
8. Amazon Online Marketplace (Seller Marketplace):
Amazon is one of the best place to sell your items. Although Amazon is fixed to sell their goods, it also has Seller Marketplace.In Amazon Seller Marketplace, the most popular items to sell are electronics and books.
Selling in Amazon doesn’t come free of charge. You must pay listing and selling fees for each item you sell (99 cents per item).However, you still stand the chance of making money from Amazon when you sell your old stuff locally.
9. Etsy Online Marketplace
Etsy is one website that focuses on unique items from independent sellers. It’s a place for arts and crafts.If you have the right product, you can sell your stuff and make good cash.At Etsy, you can choose between selling locally and shipping to a specific destination.
Unlike Decluttr, you have to pay to list an item but the amount you have to pay is relatively low.
10. LetGo Online Marketplace
With LetGo, you can buy and sell items locally through the website or mobile app. You will need to create a free account if you want to buy or sell something.
Then click the “Sell Your Business” button and create a listing for the item.Upload photos of your item set a price, and add additional details to give buyers more information to make their decision. Then, you will have to wait for someone to contact you.Visit Site#10. VintedVinted is a mobile app that allows you to sell and exchange clothes from your closet.
This means, Vinted is another option to consider for anyone looking to tidy up their wardrobe.However, you will have to pay a commission when you sell your clothes.
11. Instagram Online Marketplace (Shoppable Posts):
Instagram is another easy website where you can consider selling your items. However, selling on Instagram is becoming the best option for some people.
12. Poshmark Online Marketplace
Poshmark is an application to sell clothes.Its main advantage is that it encourages shoppers to browse your entire “wardrobe”, maximizing your chances of making a sale.The item listing is free and you will receive a prepaid postage label when you make a sale.
13. Tradesy Online Marketplace
Tradesy is an easy-to-use app that allows you to upload photos of your unwanted clothes for others to see if they want to add them to theirs.It’s similar to Poshmark but much better app for selling clothes. Tradesy provides you as a seller with prepaid shipping labels and charging fee.
14. Carousell Online Marketplace
Carousell is a notable website that has vast number of items available to buy and sell which includes jobs and cars.Officially, Carousell is based in Singapore and currently operates in Australia and Asia at large.
15. 5miles Online Marketplace
Just as the name is, the 5Miles app allows buyers and sellers to filter listings to within 5 miles of their current location.Basically, 5Miles allows you to sell all the items other apps do and you can also list services, jobs, and garage sales.5Miles is free and easy to use.
16. Chairish Online Marketplace
Chairish is a furniture website but they sell more than just chairs.This website focus on high-quality items rather than any old furniture which brings buyers willing to pay more than those who wat it the cheap way.There are a lot of benefits to using Chairish.
17. Trove Online Marketplace
Trove is another website that sells furniture. It’s free to list an item, and there are no hidden costs to it.Trove came up with this app to solve the problem of selling furniture which is always big, bulky, and costly to transport.
The app is applicable in major countries like Atlanta; Austin; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Dallas; Detroit; Houston; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Philadelphia; Phoenix; San Francisco; Seattle, and Washington D.C.
18. Cashify Online Marketplace
Cashify is a website and app that allows you t nuy and sell used phones. Other services they offer is smartphone repair, smartphone accessories, which in turn makes them an attractive website.This website is common in cities.
19. VarageSale Online Marketplace
VarageSale is a family-friendly website and app to buy and sell new and used items locally.For years, this website has been trusted by millions. This means you can now shop with verified people within your own community.
VarageSale is unique in that it verifies users manually using real identity checks before they are allowed to sell or buy.It’s free to sell on VarageSale.
20. Nearme Online Marketplace
Nearme is one of the easiest websites and apps to buy and sell anything near you. Practically, you can sell all kinds of items from cars to clothes and other things lucrative.Just upload a single photo of the item you want to sell and instantly circulate it to the people nearby.
21. BookScouter Online Marketplace
BookScouter helps you get the best price for your used books by comparing offers from more than 30 online selling sites.Just input your book’s ISBN and compare offers. Plus, shipping your books is free.
There are many websites and apps that will help you sell stuff locally. You can sell on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, and so on.You only need to connect with a single buyer to close a sale. The more apps you try, the more likely you are to make a sale.If apps is better for you, you can see them here.
The number of apps available may seem overwhelming, but it’s quick and easy to narrow down the ones that interest you. Some sales apps only work in certain cities or item categories.Don’t overthink things though – the best way to earn money is to choose an app and get started!So, try various apps to sell products you don’t need.
- Definition of Annual Percentage Rate (APR) in Crypto
- Definition of Relative Strength Index (RSI) in Stocks and Crypto?
- What Is The Meaning Of Attestation Ledger
- Trading Advice: How to Use Funding Rates As An Indicator To Trade and What Do They Do?
- What Is The Meaning Of Assets Under Administration (AUA)
- Technical Analysis Courses For Trading Success
- Meaning Of Assets Under Management (AUM)
- What Is Hurdle Rate(Examples And Usage Of Hurdle Rate)
- Definition Of Risk Premium In Investment
- WHAT IS THE BEST STRATEGIES FOR A BEAR MARKET?
- DEFINITION OF COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE-BACKED SECURITIES (CMBS).
- WHAT ARE THE BEST AND PROFITABLE INVESTMENTS FOR MILITARY FAMILIES?
- LIST OF TOP 25 DEVELOPED AND DEVELOPING COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD.
- DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN PREFERRED STOCK AND COMMON STOCK
- Definition of Clearinghouse in Banking and how it works(Examples of Clearinghouse)
- DEFINITION OF CAPITAL INVESTMENT
- Definition Shielded Transaction / Addresses
- Definition of Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
- Definition Of Anti-Money Laundering(AML)
- Definition of Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR)
- Definition of Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR) and How it Works
- What Is Effective Annual Interest Rate (Examples And How To Calculate Annual Equivalent Rate)
- Definition of Capital Investment and its Advantages and Disadvantages
- What Are the Best Courses for Tax Lien Investing?
- Definition Of Book Income And Its Case Uses(Book Income Vs Taxable Income)
- What Is The Meaning Bid-Ask Spread?
- What Is The Best Strategies For A Bull Market
- What Are The Best Online Gold Dealers For Gold Investment
- Top Accounting Software For Rental Properties And How To Select The Best Tool To Manage Your Rentals
- What’s the Difference Between Institutional Investors And Retail Investors
- What’s The Difference Between Market Economy And Command Economy
- What Are The Best Resources For Improving Financial Literacy
- Differences And Definition Of Brokerage Account and IRA.
- Definition Of CUSIP Number And Where It Apply
- How To Invest In Index Funds And Its Benefits
- The Most Profitable Way To Invest Money Online
- List Of Top 25 Wealthiest Countries In The World
- Do USA Practice Market Economy Or A Mixed Economy
- How To Resolve And Manage Walmart Credit Card Login And Bill Payment
- Cryptocurrency Firms In The UK That Breaks Rules Could Be Shut Down
- DEFINITION OF TRADING JOURNAL AND HOW TO USE CASES
- Facts About Amazon Storefront
- A REVIEW OF 15 FURRY ART SITES AND ARTISTS
- The Chime SpotMe Program: How it Functions | Merits & Demerits
- Best 21 Websites To Market Goods and Materials.
- Best Simple Ways To Transfer Visa Gift Card To Bank Account In Shorter Time
- Guideline On How To Fill A Check
- HOW TO SIGN UP & LOGIN WALMART CREDIT CARD ONLINE ACCOUNT.
- How you can make $100 by investing $1,000 in a day.