In this post ” How To Join Torino Fc League Academy”, you’ll get to know about Torino Youth Academy trials, Torino Academy registration, Torino Academy Play, requirements for Torino Fc Academy and many more.
Torino Football Club Youth Team
Primavera is the under-19 team of Torino Football Club, an Italian professional football club.
Torino is a football club based in Italy.
They compete in the Primavera 1 Campionato. With a total of nine league titles, they are the most accomplished youth team in the United States. They also compete in the Coppa Italia Primavera, which they have earned a record seven occasions. And the yearly Torneo di Viareggio, which they have won six times.
Torino’s Youth Team Background
The Torino Primavera competes in Group A of the Campionato Nazionale Primavera, Italy’s most prestigious youth competition. The Lega Serie A oversees the tournament, which involves the young teams of clubs from Serie A and Serie B. Athletes under the age of 15 and those under the age of 19 at the commencement of the season are qualified to participate beginning in the 2012–13 season. Four “overage” players are allowed to participate in the League’s selection.
Torino Football Club Academy Program
Solo or team coaching in which pupils work under the supervision of technical professionals using a systematic approach centred on psycho-physical understanding and method of specific movement attributes for different ages.
Basic style, including ball dominance and driving, transfer and receiving, headers and tackles, and goalkeeper strategy.
Personal strategies for both ownership and non-possession phases.
Unmarked, managing, and guarding the ball, transferring, feinting and dribbling, and scoring on goal are all examples of ownership.
Non-possession: goal protection, positioning, marking, tackling, and hijacking.
IMPROVEMENT OF MOTOR ABILITIES
Improvement of motor abilities.
Conditional talents advancement: pace, tolerance, and stamina.
Goalkeepers need to improve on their responsiveness and reflexes, as well as their speed, attention, and poise.
MINI-GAMES AND COMPETITION
Develop team cohesion to put everything you’ve acquired practice on the field into practice.
FORMS OF ASSESSMENT
Every session of the Camp and City Camps will conclude with a massive event (parents are welcome) at which they will receive:
• a form for technical-tactical evaluation
• the attendance certificate
How to Become a Member of Torino Football Academy
Everybody is welcome at the Club, which operates on an open-door basis. The procedure outlined below can also be used to learn how to join a Football Academy in Europe. A large number of the prerequisites are also available in European Football Academy Scholarships. Trials for the Torino Youth Academy, Torino Academy registration football Academy Scholarships in Europe for Torino Academy Players
Torino Junior Camp accepts children as young as eight years old. Please visit the Academy’s website to view the various programs available
Enrollment Criteria for the Torino Football Academy
Torino Academy Scouts and Open Football trials are used to choose new members for the club. Candidates, particularly foreign scholars, can register via the club’s website or through special applications.
- Include information about yourself, prior clubs (if applicable), and contact information.
- Parents’ permission, primarily for those under the age of 18.
- If enrolling for Torino Academy Scholarships, evidence of financial hardship.
- Upload a video of yourself; this option is mostly for overseas candidates.
Torino Football Academy Enrollment
To register and learn more, go to torino.com/en/academy/torino-academy/all-the-torinoacademies on the official Academy website.
For future notifications on Football Academies in Europe, sign up for our SOCCERSPEN Newsletter.
How to attend the Torino Football Academy in Italy for those under 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21 years old?
Torino Football Club
Torino Football Team (Italian pronunciation: [torino]) is an Italian professional football club situated in Turin, Piedmont. Presently, they are in Serie A.
Torino, which began as Foot-Ball Club Torino in 1906, is one of Italy’s most accomplished clubs, having won 7 league titles, especially five in a row in the 1940s. Until the whole club was murdered in the 1949 Superga aviation tragedy. The Grande Torino was largely regarded as one of the outstanding footballing squads of the time.
They’ve also won the Coppa Italia 5 times, the most recent being in 1992–93. Torino won the Mitropa Cup in 1991 and reached the finale of the UEFA Cup in 1991–92.
The Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino (previously referred as the Stadio Comunale “Vittorio Pozzo” until 2006) hosts all of Torino’s home matches. The club’s historic colour is maroon, and its emblem is a raging bull. Which is also the customary sign of Turin, from which the nickname “Il Toro” is derived (The Bull). Torino and Juventus F.C. have native competitors that are known as the Derby Della Mole.
Torino FC’s Background
Groundwork and Initial Phase
Football was initially brought to Turin at the close of the nineteenth century by industrial Swiss and English. Football & Cricket Club, the earliest Italian football club, was established in 1887 in Piedmont’s capital, backed by Nobili Torino in 1889. Internazionale Torino was formed in 1891 when the two clubs united, and Football Club Torinese was established in 1894.
The fame of the new match rapidly surpassed that of pallapugno. Resulting in the establishment of football divisions of the sporting clubs Ginnastica Torino and Juventus. Internazionale Torino, Football Club Torinese, and Ginnastica Torino, together with Genoa, created the inaugural Italian Football Championship on May 8, 1898. As participants of the International Exhibition celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Statuto Albertino.
In 1900, Football Club Torinese acquired Internazionale Torino. and on 3 December 1906, an agreement was established with a band of Juventus dissidents headed by Swiss funder Alfred Dick in the Voigt Brewery (currently bar Norman) on Via Pietro Micca.
Football Club has merged with another club.
“Foot-Ball Club Torino” was created by Torinese and the aforesaid gang. Torino defeated Pro Vercelli 3–1 in the inaugural official game on December 16, 1906, in Vercelli.
Torino beat Juventus 2–1 in the opening derby of the year, which took place on January 13, 1907. Also, Torino repeated the feat a month afterwards. Winning 4–1 and earned the chance to compete in the Italian Football Championship the last phase, finishing second after Milan.
Torino did not compete in the 1908 Italian Football Championship because a law prohibiting the use of international players was enacted. Rather, the team competed in two prominent “minor” competitions. The prized “Palla Dapples” (a silver trophy shaped like a standard football), which it won against Pro Vercelli. And an international game organized by La Stampa in Turin that year. Torino was defeated in the finals by Servette of Switzerland.
The advent of World War I prevented Torino from attempting their first real title try in 1915. Torino (in second place) was two points behind Genoa with one game remaining.
Torino would’ve had the chance to face the Genoese in the championship finals after beating them 6–1 in the opening leg.
The inaugural scudetto
Heinrich Schönfeld, a forward, joins the squad in 1923 and led the league in scoring from 1923 to 1924. In 20 games, he netted 22 goals, accounting for 51.1 per cent of the group’s performance.
Count Enrico Marone Cinzano, who was in charge of the construction of the Stadio Filadelfia, led the team to its first victory.
Torino’s attack featured the Trio delle Meraviglie (Trio of Wonders), which included Julio Libonatti, Adolfo Baloncieri, and Gino Rossetti. And they won their maiden scudetto on July 10, 1927, after a 5–0 victory over Bologna. But, owing to the “Allemandi Case,” the title was cancelled on November 3, 1927.
In the 1927–28 season, Torino was re-confirmed as Italian champions after the previous scudetto was revoked. The “Trio of Wonders” combined for 89 goals. Hence the title on July 22, 1928, after a 2–2 tie against Milan.
Following Cinzano’s withdrawal, the club suffered a steady slide at the beginning the 1930s, generally finishing in the middle of the table. It wasn’t until the 1935–36 season that it began to recover. Hence finishing third in the league and winning the Coppa Italia for the first time. Owing to the Italian fascist government, Torino was renamed “Associazione Calcio Torino” and came in second in the 1938–39 season under technical director Ernest Erbstein.
Torino placed fifth in the league in 1939–40, and club president Ferruccio Novo was appointed.
Novo supported the team financially and used his expertise as a meticulous administrator.
Novo managed to assemble a team recognized as the “Grande Torino”. Thanks to the assistance of Antonio Janni, Giacinto Ellena, and Mario Sperone.
The Grande Torino, a team that won five league trophies in a row (excluding the 1944 Campionato Alta Italia, for which the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) in 2002 only recognized honorary merit to Spezia) between 1942 and 1949, and the Coppa Italia in 1943 (owing to this victory, Torino was the 1st team in Italy to earn the prestigious Scudetto and Coppa Italia “double” in the same season), encapsulates the club’
During this time, Torino’s athletes were the core of the Italy national team. With the Azzurri featuring 10 athletes at once.
Valentino Mazzola, the team’s captain and uncontested head, was the father of Ferruccio and Sandro, who would later join their dad in football. Bacigalupo, Ballarin, Maroso, Grezar, Rigamonti, Castigliano, Menti, Loik, Gabetto, Mazzola, and Ossola were the usual starters. Their triumph was cut short on May 4, 1949, when the Fiat G.212 aeroplane transporting the entire team smashed into the retaining structure of Turin’s Basilica of Superga. Thick fog and spatial distortion caused by a defective altimeter in the aircraft were blamed for the tragedy. The team had just returned from a friendly match against Benfica in Lisbon. Coaches Egri Erbstein and Leslie Lievesley, two club administrators, the club masseuse, three reporters, and the 4 staff personnel were all killed in the incident, in addition to the complete team and backup members.
Demotion to championship
After the disaster, there were challenging times ahead. After a long downturn, the team was relegated to Serie B for the first time in 1958–59, under the name “Talmone Torino.” Torino will only play in Serie B for one season before returning to the top tier in 1960–61. Orfeo Pianelli was elected president in 1963. He chose Nereo Rocco as manager and recruited Gigi Meroni, dubbed “The Maroon Butterfly,” as a club legend (La Farfalla Granata).
The team came in 3rd position in 1964–65.
Meroni was slain while walking across the road after a league match on October 15, 1967.
Torino ended the season in the eighth position and won the Coppa Italia notwithstanding the catastrophe. The club president Pianelli’s efforts to rebuild a successful team were rewarded with another Coppa Italia victory in the 1970–71 season.
Torino finished in 3rd position in the 1971–72 season, just one point below Juventus. Torino finished sixth, fifth, and sixth again in the subsequent three seasons before winning their 7th Serie A title in 1975–76. The scudetto was won via a return against Juventus, which had a five-point lead over the Granata in the spring. Torino overtook the Bianconeri after three consecutive losses, the second of which came in a derby.
Though Torino had a one-point lead in the last round and had won all of their prior home matches. Torino sponsored Cesena in the Comunale, however, they were unable to win.
Only a tie was achieved; Juventus, on the other hand, were beaten in Perugia. 27 years after the Superga disaster, the trophy was won by 2 points over Juventus.
The following year, the same league fight was replicated, with Torino finishing 50 points below Juventus’ 51, a record points aggregate for the 16-team league format. Torino came second (tied with a Vicenza team headed by Paolo Rossi) in 1978, also behind Juventus albeit with a greater point gap. Excluding a second-place position in 1984–85, when the squad ended behind a Verona side headed by Osvaldo Bagnoli, the team experienced a steady deterioration and was unable to reproduce earlier achievements.
Europe trip and financial ruin
Torino was demoted to Serie B for the 2nd occasion in their existence at the close of the 1988–89 season.
In the 1989–90 season, the team was moved up to Serie A, and under Emiliano Mondonico, the club eligible for the UEFA Cup after making key recruits.
Torino beat Real Madrid out of the 1991–92 UEFA Cup semifinals, however, lost the final against Dutch team Ajax on the away goals criterion after a 2–2 tie in Turin and a 0–0 tie in Amsterdam.
Hence Torino came in the third position in Serie A.
Torino won their 5th Coppa Italia in 1992–93 after beating Roma, although the club afterwards suffered through a phase of serious financial troubles. The club switched presidents and managers multiple times, however, the performances proceeded to deteriorate, and Torino was demoted for the 3rd time at the close of the 1995–96 season.
Torino came back to Serie A in 1998–99 after losing a play-off to Perugia on penalties in 1997–98, however, were demoted again at the close of the 1999–2000 season.
In the 2000–01 season, the club was raised again, and the subsequent year they placed 11th and were eligible for the Intertoto Cup. Torino had their poorest season in Serie A after being ousted on penalties by Villarreal, and they were demoted after placing last.
However, Torino won promotion in the 2004–05 season under Renato Zaccarelli.
Torino was refused admittance into Serie A because of enormous outstanding debt acquired under president Francesco Cimminelli, and the club’s insolvency was confirmed on August 9, 2005.
On August 16, the FIGC approved an application from a group of businesses led by lawyer Pierluigi Marengo to incorporate a new professional body identified as “Società Civile Campo Torino.”
The club was admitted to the Petrucci Law, which assured Serie B membership along with all of the “Torino Calcio” sporting titles. Urbano Cairo was formally installed as the club’s new president on August 19 at the Norman pub (formerly the Voigt brewery).
The club’s name was switched to “Torino Football Club” after the transaction.
After having won the play-offs, Torino received instant raise in the 2005–06 season. Torino avoided demotion in the penultimate round of the next season. Following three seasons, the team was demoted to Serie B once more. Cairo appointed Gianluca Petrachi as Torino’s new sporting director for the 2009–10 season, however, the team did fail to secure progress that season or the succeeding.
Back to Europe
Prior to the 2011–12 Serie B season, the club formally confirmed Gian Piero Ventura as the new manager, with Ventura accepting a one-year agreement.
Torino was promoted to Serie A on the 20th of May 2012, after beating Modena 2–0 in the penultimate match of the season.
After avoiding demotion in the 2012–13 season, Torino improved dramatically in the 2013–14 season, finishing 7th and qualifying for the 2014–15 Europa League.
Alessio Cerci and Ciro Immobile were the year’s standout performers, with the second finishing as Serie A’s leading scorer.
Torino reached the Europa League round of 16 in the 2014–15 season but was relegated by Zenit Saint Petersburg. So placed tenth in the league and won their maiden derby in 20 years in the spring. Torino concluded the 2015–16 season in twelfth position, and after five years at the helm, Ventura left the club to join the Italy national football team. Sinia Mihajlovi, who came tenth in the 2016–17 season, took his position.
In January, he was succeeded by Walter Mazzarri, who led the team to a ninth-place position at the close of the previous season. Torino ranked sixth the next season, qualifying for the Europa League for the first time in five years.
Colours and insignia
Torino’s inaugural uniform, worn only a few days after its founding and in the club’s initial match against Pro Vercelli, was checkered orange and black, identical to the uniforms worn by Internazionale Torino and Football Club Torinese, the club’s legendary forerunners.
In addition, the colours were judged improper since they were too identical to those of the Habsburgs, who were historical foes of the governing Italian dynasty at the time. Given the necessity for a distinct colour, the founders settled on Granata, a dark red that is close to burgundy.
The most frequently recognized version is that it was created in honour of the Duke of Abruzzi and the House of Savoy, who, following the successful recovery of Turin from the French in 1706, selected a blood-coloured bandana in memory of a courier murdered while delivering the triumph news.
Other, less credible reports claim it was a homage to Internazionale Torino’s founder Alfredo Dick, who was a big admirer of the Genevan team Servette, the Swiss club of the founder’s native land, or a citation to the English club Sheffield, the world’s ancient football club, whose colours were also fully embraced by Internazionale Torino at the time.
It’s even possible that the dark red was formed by coincidence, as an outcome of frequent laundry renovation that can be noticed on several other football clubs’ uniforms—among the red with black socks uniforms; the resulting colour, being regarded as a positive omen, was ultimately picked as the approved colour.
The club had earlier attempted to get authorization to utilize royal blue, however, the kings of Italy were hesitant to permit the adoption of their monarchic hue to a particular team, as compared to the usage of Azure by numerous national sports teams a few years afterwards.
Ever since Torino’s customary home outfit has consisted of a kit with black stockings cuffed maroon and generally white although sometimes maroon shorts. But, the squad has been known to wear maroon stockings on the pitch, particularly at the turn of the 1970s and 1980s when the team donned an entire maroon uniform.
A white top with contrasting cuffs, maroon or occasionally white pants, white stockings, and a maroon lapel make up the away uniform, which is frequently in reverse colours.
An away jersey with a diagonal maroon band has also been worn continuously. This is a tribute to River Plate, an Argentine club with strong historical connections to Torino dating back to the Superga disaster.
The shirt was first worn in a league game against Milan on January 6, 1953, which ended 1–1.
The rampaging bull, the city of Turin’s symbol, always appeared on the Torino club badge.
The present emblem was initially used in the 2005–06 season, upon Torino Calcio’s insolvency. The “1906” on the left part of the shield was afterwards incorporated to commemorate the legendary Foot-Ball Club Torino’s inception year.
The Torino emblem was square in design in the 1980s, with a stylized bull and the inscription “Torino Calcio” on it. This symbol is still highly regarded by supporters, and it was chosen as the most stunning club logo of all history by the subscribers of Guerin Sportivo in 2013.
From 1990 till the bankruptcy, the emblem in use was similar to the one worn during the Grande Torino, with the exception that the right side of the oval intersected the letters “T” and “C” (the initials of “Torino Calcio”) instead of the letters “A”, “C”, and “T” (initials of “Associazione Calcio Torino”).
Wexford Youths changed its name themselves Wexford F.C. in 2017 and introduced a new crest with a rampant bull motivated by Torino’s. Mick Wallace, the club’s chairman, is a Torino supporter.
Torino Football Club’s Stadium
The club’s debut ceremonial game, a derby match versus Juventus, happened at the Stadio Velodrome Umberto on January 13, 1907. The club eventually relocated to the Piazza d’armi, which included several pitches: the Lato Ferrovia on January 23, 1911; and the Lato Crocetta on February 26, 1911. The club transferred to the Stradale Stupinigi towards the close of 1913; when World War I broke out, the stadium was repurposed for military uses.
Torino held their home matches at Motovelodromo Corso Casale (since renovated, it is honoured to Fausto Coppi and also houses American football games) from 11 October 1925 only until the close of the 1925–26 season, whilst preparing their transfer to the Stadio Filadelfia.
The “Fila,” as it was called, was closely identified with the accomplishments of the Grande Torino squad of the 1940s. It first launched on October 17, 1926, with a game against Fortitudo Roma. And it continued to stage Torino’s matches until May 11, 1958 (the grand final being a 4–2 triumph over Genoa).
The club temporarily transferred to the Stadio Comunale during the 1958–59 season. Even so, the transfer was short-lived. Since the club was demoted to Serie B that year. As a result, the club reverted to the Filadelfia out of prejudice.
Torino competed at the Filadelfia throughout the whole 1959–60 season and the following. However, in 1961–62 and 1962–63, the club started to use the Comunale for “special” fixtures. The transfer to the Comunale, a 65,000-seat stadium, was finished in 1963–64. And Torino stayed there until May 27, 1990, when the facility was decommissioned in favour of the Stadio Delle Alpi.
The Stadio delle Alpi was Torino’s home from 1990 to 2006. It was designed especially for the 1990 FIFA World Cup.
Torino went back to the Stadio Comunale, and rebranded the Stadio Olimpico, after undergoing renovations to render the stadium eligible for hosting the 2006 Winter Olympics opening and closing ceremonies. In order to comply with current protection regulations, the new capacity was lowered by around 38,000 seats from the former.
The Olimpico was rebranded in April 2016 to honour the Grande Torino.
From 1926 through 1993, the Stadio Filadelfia functioned as Torino’s practice field. The Sport di Corso Unione Sovietica served as the team’s training base from 2006 to 2017.
Torino resumed practice at the renovated Filadelfia for the 2017–18 season.
Torino Stadium’s Timeline
Benito Mussolini Municipal Stadium was the original plan.
The stadium, which was initially called after Benito Mussolini, was erected to hold the Littoriali XI Games and the World Student Games in 1933.
To reduce project duration, the Municipal Administration held a competition and then distributed the tasks among 3 firms: the stadium (stands, bleachers, and local affairs) was given to Company Saverio Parisi Rome (crafted by architect Fagnoni and engineers Bianchini and Ortensi), the athletic field, and the Tower of the Marathon and the ticket to Eng. Vannacci and Lucherini (project architect Brenno Del Giudice, Prof. Colonnetti, and Eng. Vannacci), as well as the indoor pool to Company AN (project architect Bonicelli and Eng. Villanova). Eng. Guido De Bernardi was in charge of the planning.
Slopes and fields
The construction started in September 1932. The stadium was dedicated on May 14, 1933, by the Party Secretary.
At the start of Littoriali, Achille Starace. The second leg of the Central European Cup quarter-finals between Juventus and Hungary’s jpest FC (6–2) was contested in the new stadium on June 29, 1933.
Mussolini’s Stadio in the 1930s
The initial design stage included a massive ring ellipsoid with a significant perimeter of around 640 meters. The foot comprised of a white granite seat on which the red plaster socket lay. The same components were used to create three strips of glass for internal lighting, which are topped by a white railing.
Huge windows faced out over this, which were obstructed by concrete pillars that sustained the terminal swing, which was moreover three metres long and angled at 45 degrees.
Internally, the techniques were practised through apertures 27, the main one leading to the gallery and providing shelter from the elements. The parterre was partially obscured with cantilevered terraces that curved, and it was somewhat taller towards the far edge of the pitch.
The athletics track has six lanes, mass pits for the shot put and discus throw, the long jump track, and the top corner. The playground field is 70 x 105 meters. The bends of the sports track were originally constructed with three centres. They were reconfigured to a single-centre after concerns from national executive Massimo Cartasegna (who had competed in the 1908 Olympics as a sportsperson). The track, though, ended up with an irregular length of 446.38 meters.
The municipal stadium, built after WWII
Following its completion, the stadium hosted numerous games during the 1934 FIFA World Cup, which was hosted in Italy. The Stadio Olimpico di Torino began hosting League Cup games in the 1934–35 season.
It was home to both Turin teams in the Italian championship from the late 1950s till the 1989–90 season, when it was replaced by the Stadio Delle Alpi, which was erected for the 1990 FIFA World Cup. Juventus won 16 Italian crowns (with five straight wins between 1931 and 1935), 7 Italian Cups, six international titles, and one UEFA Cup between 1935 and 1986. (1976). Torino, for their turn, was a six-time Italian champion. (including five straight championships between 1945 and 1949). And won four Italian Cups in the stadium between 1935 and 1976.
The stadium also served as the temporary home of the Automobile Museum from 1938 to the late 1950s (opened in 1939).
It held the 1970 Women’s World Cup Final and was dubbed “Vittorio Pozzo” in the 1980s in honour of the coach who was twice World Champion with the Italy national team in 1934 and 1938 and furthermore managed Torino between 1912 and 1922.
Following the establishment of Stadio Delle Alpi, the Communal Stadium was utilized decreasingly till it was only utilized to house Juventus coaches (until 2003) and Turin coaches since 2004.
Renovation in preparation for the 2006 Winter Olympic Games
The Stadio delle Alpi was allocated to Municipal Stadium Torino for repair. And also to be functional in preparation for the Winter Olympics open/close ceremonies, after negotiations with the City, which committed it to Juventus. The City of Turin, nevertheless, is the proprietor of the stadium and has reverted to finish the rebuilding owing to the non of the firm European Championship (certified definitely 9 August 2005).
The construction proposal, led by Verona Architect John Work Arteco, preserved original constructions. While adding new edifices to overcome the vertical projection of the complete plant. As well as a third ring of tiers, architecturally continuous and collaborative coverage. With the respective part of the initial cover part, 44 hosts closed boxes. All within the constraints of the Superintendency of Environmental and Architectural Heritage. Roughly one-third of the roof’s lining is translucent plastic. So as minimize the risk of the shadow created by itself damaging the turf owing to reduced sunlight. The entire occupancy is 27,168 seats, all enclosed and sitting. Which is smaller than the initial (65,000 spectators going to stand) in order to fulfil contemporary regulatory standards.
Momentary constructions were built to expand the seating capacity to 35,000 seats for the events. As well as major architectural sites for the professional installation of the Olympic flame.
Several internal alterations were made. Including a new major structure on the ground level with a retail property of 1,163 square meters; and the department of sports medicine, which was also refurbished and repositioned in the northwest and workplaces Outside, Arata Isozaki of Japan created a new Olympic Park and a new Olympic Sports Hall.
The stadium was renovated for 30 million euros. On November 29, 2005, officials from the local administration, the International Olympic Committee, and the TOROC were there to formally introduce the new Olympic Stadium.
Back to the Game(2006–present)
The stadium reopened in 2006 to hold football games between Torino and Juventus, the two city teams. On the location of Stadio Delle Alpi, Juventus transferred to their new stadium, Juventus Stadium, in 2011. Torino has the option to buy the infrastructure at the extreme of the ground-share agreement. And call it “Stadium Grande Torino,” according to Mario Pescante, who spoke at the commissioning of the reconstructed stadium.
The gap between the boxes and the field was not altered. Notwithstanding the literal removal of the athletics track (in its stead is a covering of artificial grass). Fans were disappointed. Since they would have expected the stands to be nearer to the pitch, as they are in England. Throughout the remodelling, nevertheless, a new parterre was constructed, moving the audience nearer to the front seats. Disabled fans in wheelchairs have access to 80 seats. Featuring 64 on two tribunes erected in the parterre of the first ring of different stations, 12 in the grandstand, and four in the boxes.
The Olympic Stadium was the first in Italy to completely adhere to the “Pisanu Law” on stadium safety. And over 80 security cameras help police track down and pinpoint violent criminals. The glass cage that divides the spectator area from the field is moveable. It stands 2.2 meters (7 feet 3 inches) tall. However, it can be lowered to 1.1 meters for matches that do not pose a danger to public policy (3 ft 7 in).
Moreover, automation was heavily utilized. Thermal coils were installed beneath the stadium to be used during freezing conditions. And also an automated process could wrap the area in the event of rainfall.
Two different security zones divided rival spectators during the stadium’s first two years of operation. From 2006 to 2008, the total population was reduced to 25,500 seats. During the summer of 2008, major improvements were carried out in preparation for Juventus’ coming back to the Champions League. 1,350 new seats were added four rows behind the gallery’s first row, forming a new ring around the previous track.
Barriers have been reduced to 1.10 meters, down from 2.20 meters, to improve audience view in these new rows. With the shrinking of guest spaces, 650 seats were eventually regained. As a result, the seating capacity increased to over 27,500.
Extra construction was done throughout the summer of 2009. Throughout all areas, the parapet distance was reduced to 1.10 meters. Also, 444 extra seats were installed in the parterre. Raising the typical stadium occupancy to 27,994 seats. Furthermore, in the summer of 2012, the barricades that separated the Curva Maratona from the Maratona Laterale (previously the guest’s sector in Juventus home games in the same season transferred to a new Juventus Stadium), were removed. Hence enabling a capacity to rise from 27,994 in 2009 to 28,140 today.
The Olimpico was rebranded the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino in April 2016 to honor the team from the 1940s.
The Stadium Stands
Maratona Curva (Curva Nord)
During home matches, this sector of the stadium is generally dominated by the nuclei of Torino’s most fervently organized fans. Since the period of the Municipality, this designation has been ascribed to its existence.
Stadium, in the region behind the curvature itself, contains a high tower, now known as the “Marathon Tower,”. Because it sits at the entry dedicated to marathon runners in the Olympic Games.
Primavera Curva (Curva Sud)
The Olympic Stadium in Turin’s Distinguished East (the east end of the stadium when Torino competes) has long been a gathering place for households. A dedicated section on the left wing is intended for supporters of guest clubs.
The Distinguished West was the Olympic Stadium’s most luxurious stand. Reporters, analysts, and public figures get access to the second level alone.