In this post “How to Join Flamengo RJ Football Academy”, you’ll get to know about the entry requirement for Flamengo RJ Fc Academy, Flamengo RJ Youth Academy Stadium, Ninho do Urubu, Flamengo RJ Fc Stadium and many more.
Flamengo Youth Academy’s Clube de Regatas
The Clube de Regatas do Flamengo Youth Academy (Brazilian Portuguese: Categorias de Base) is the youth academy of the Brazilian football team Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, situated in Rio de Janeiro.
It’s made up of various youth squads. And also regarded as one of Brazil’s and the world’s most productive football institutes.
Flamengo’s Youth Squads have earned medals on a national and international level in all divisions. The academy team has produced a number of international players. Lyon midfielder Lucas Paquetá, Real Madrid striker Vincius Jnior, 2016 Summer Olympic Games gold medalist midfielder Renato Augusto, and several first team players, like midfielder Reinier Jesus, are prominent academy products.
The youth section is organized into age groups and consists of numerous squads. The Flamengo Clube de Regatas is in charge of around 100 junior players in five distinct groupings: U-11, U-13, U-15, U-17, and U-20 are the age groups. The U-20 team competes in the Campeonato Brasileiro Sub-20, Copa do Brasil Sub-20, Copa So Paulo de Futebol Junior, Campeonato Carioca Sub-20, and Torneio Octávio Pinto Guimares. The U-17 team competes in the Campeonato Brasileiro Sub-17, Copa do Brasil Sub-17, and Campeonato Carioca Sub-17 tournaments.
Flamengo’s Youth Academy Stadium
The Estádio da Gávea (technically designated the Estádio José Bastos Padilha at Flamengo’s Gávea Headquarters), which was opened on September 4, 1938, and with a seating of 4,000 spectators, is Flamengo’s Youth Academy home stadium.
The stadium is dedicated to José Bastos Padilha, Flamengo’s president between 1933 until 1937, when the stadium was built.
Gávea Stadium is not in the Gávea district, however is in Leblon.
From the 1990s, the stadium has been nearly entirely dedicated to the club’s youth and women’s teams, as well as the main team’s preparation.
The Estádio da Gávea (English: “Gávea Stadium”), however still recognized as Estádio José Bastos Padilha, is a football stadium in the Lagoa suburb of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, that opened on Sept 4, 1938. Flamengo, the stadium’s proprietor, uses it as his home field, with a max potential of 4,000 attendees. Flamengo is a rare visitor at Estádio da Gávea. The Maracana is the club’s most popular venue.
The stadium is dedicated to Flamengo’s president at the period of its establishment, José Bastos Padilha. From 1933 – 1937, he was the president of Flamengo.
Flamengo purchased the Lagoa property on November 4, 1931. Flamengo’s president at the moment, José Padilha, began work on the stadium on Dec 28, 1933, and it was launched on Sept 4, 1938. Vasco defeated Flamengo 2-0 in the opening game on Sept 4, 1938. Niginho from Vasco do Gama netted the stadium’s maiden goal.
On Feb 6, 1994, when Flamengo and Madureira drew 1-1, the stadium established a new turnout record of 8,882 viewers.
On Nov 24, 1995, Elton John performed at the stadium as part of his Made in England trip. There were over 60,000 persons in attendance. A year afterwards, the concert was videotaped and distributed on DVD as “Tantrums and Tiaras”. The concert is also known as “Live in Rio.”
On May 9, 1999, Metallica played at the stadium as part of their Garage Remains The Same Tour. The stadium’s pitch was restored in Dec 2000.
The Dutch National Team practiced at Estádio da Gávea all through the 2014 World Cup in readiness for the contest.
Ninho do Urubu
All of the club’s young teams are presently practicing at Ninho do Urubu; the club’s primary practice facility in the Vargem Grande district of the West Zone.
Modern dorms, a sitting room, a recreation area, and a canteen are available to these athletes. Medical, dental, and psychological support are also available to the players.
The Centro de Treinamento George Helal (George Helal Training Center), often referred as Ninho do Urubu (“The Vulture’s Nest,” in Portuguese), is the Brazilian football club Flamengo’s coaching area and youth squad head offices. It is situated in the Vargem Grande district of Rio de Janeiro’s West Zone. The club started using the infrastructure in mid-2012, after the complex was completed in 2011. Between 2015 – 2016, the facility underwent substantial renovations. Such as the inclusion of extra football fields, a medical center, and a Center of Excellence in Performance (CEP). The campus’s entire building cost is estimated to be around R$30 million. The complex’s installation was concluded in 2016.
A flame started out in the residential quarters of numerous youth academy players as they were asleep on Feb 8, 2019. 10 players, aged 14 to 17, were died, and 3 others were taken to the hospital with severe burns.
President George Helal purchased the land on which the complex is built on August 30, 1984. But development did not begin for several years. The land was acquired for Cr$300 million at the moment (Brazilian cruzeiro). The property was subsequently rated at R$350 million, a 6,900 percent growth. The location was approved for building on May 21, 2011, under the direction of club president Patricia Amorim. A sum of 140,000 m2 of land is available.
Following the LaMia Airlines Flight 2933 plane tragedy on Nov 30, 2016, Flamengo declared that the Ninho do Urubu broadcast booth would be named after Victorino Chermont.
Victorino, one of the accident victims, was a Fox Sports Brazil journalist who had covered Flamengo for several years and was a well-known Flamengo devotee.
Summer Olympics 2016
The infrastructures were utilized by the Brazil U23 and Argentina U23 football teams in Rio 2016. Flamengo and the Rio 2016 Organizing Committee struck a deal to use the facility.
Fire on February 8, 2019
On the morning of Feb 8, 2019, a fire broke out in the residences of Ninho do Urubu. Ten youth youngsters in between ages of 14 – 17 who were practicing with the club died in the fire. 3 more people were hurt. The incident was started by a defective air conditioner that caught fire in one of the deceased’ room at 5:00 p.m. The makeshift sleeping areas in a recently extended area of the campus were the site of the fire. The state Labor Ministry formed a task team to see if any countermeasures might have been implemented. And also to make sure that the casualties’ relatives were taken care of.
Athila Paixo (14), Arthur Vincius de Barros Silva Freitas (14), Bernardo Pisetta (14), Christian Esmério (15), Jorge Eduardo Santos (15), Pablo Henrique da Silva Matos (14), Vitor Isaas (15), Samuel Thomas Rosa (15), Gerdson Santos (14), and Ryckelmo de Souza Viana were among those killed in the fire (17).
Kauan Emanuel Nunes (14), Francisco Diogo Alves (15), and Jhonathan Cruz Ventura (15) were all sent to the medical centre with wounds, with Jhonathan’s being the most serious.
Rodolfo Landim, the club’s president, called it “the disastrous catastrophe the club has ever suffered in its 123-year history.” Shortly after the incident, the governor of Rio de Janeiro established a three-day moment of grieving.
Manager of the Flamengo RJ Youth Academy
Fábio Henrique Matias (born Sept 25, 1979) is a Brazilian football manager who presently leads Flamengo’s under-20 team.
Matias was a goalkeeper for Unio Barbarense’s youth system and was born in Santa Bárbara d’Oeste, Säo Paulo. He haven’t ever featured for a senior team and began his coaching career in 2000 as a goalkeeper and workout coach for Rio Branco-under-15 SP’s team.
Matias’ first managing involvement came when he was in command of the Guarani’s under-17 team. In 2011, he became the under-17 manager of Desportivo Brasil, with whom he claimed the 2012 Campeonato Paulista.
Matias returned to Grêmio as an under-17 manager in 2014. He moved with cross-town opponents Internacional in the same job on February 20, 2016, and was placed in command of the latter ‘s under-20s the next year.
Matias departed Inter on February 23, 2018, and took up the under-20s of Figuerense a month afterwards.
He returned to Internacional on March 25, 2019, as manager of the under-20s. He earned the 2020 Copa So Paulo de Futebol Junior with the latter.
Matias was chosen interim manager of the first squad for the opening legs of the 2021 Campeonato Gacho on Feb 26, 2021, following the exit of Abel Braga.
On March 1, he won his debut game as coach, a 1–0 victory over Juventude.
When Miguel ngel Ramrez took command of the major team, Matias reverted to his prior role with the under-20s. He was hired manager of Flamengo’s under-20 team on July 21, 2021.
How to Become a Flamengo Member RJ Football Academy
Everyone is welcome at the Club, which operates on an open-door basis. The procedure outlined here can also be used to learn how to enroll a football institute in Europe or Brazil. A large amount of the prerequisites are also available through Football Academy Scholarships in Europe and Brazil.
Flamengo RJ Junior Camp accepts children as young as eight years old. To learn more about the many trainings offered, go to https://www.flemengo.com.br/academias.
Enrollment Details for Flamengo RJ Football Academy
Flamengo RJ Academy Recruits and Public Football tryouts are used to recruit new members. Candidates, particularly foreign ones, can still enroll via the club’s website or by special drafts.
- Give detailed information about yourself, your past clubs (if any), and your contact information.
- Permission from parents, particularly if the child is under the age of 18.
- Take the opportunity to upload a video of yourself; this option is mostly for foreign candidates.
How to Sign Up for Flamengo RJ Football Academy
To register and learn more, go to the authorized Academy page at https://www.flamengo.com.br/academias.
Sign up for our SOCCERSPEN Newsletter for future notifications on Football Academies in Europe and Brazil.
Flamengo Regatas Clube
Flamengo Rowing Club (Brazilian Portuguese: [klubi di eata du flamu]; English: Flamengo Rowing Club), also known as Flamengo, is a Brazilian sports club premised in Rio de Janeiro’s Gávea area. They are widely regarded for their pro football team.
The club was founded particularly as a rowing team in 1895, and their debut recognized football game wasn’t till 1912. Flamengo wears red and black striped shirts with white shorts and red and black striped stockings in their original outfit. With a few exclusions in current history, Flamengo has traditionally performed their home games in the Maracan, Brazil’s national stadium, since its establishment in 1950. The vulture (Portuguese: urubu) has been Flamengo’s most well-known mascot from 1969.
Flamengo became one of Brazil’s most prominent football clubs in the twentieth century during the period of state leagues in Brazil, winning multiple Campeonato Carioca (Rio de Janeiro state league) trophies before the first Brazilian national football championship was formed in 1959.
Ever since, they have earned eight Campeonato Brasileiro Série A titles. Such as the 1987 Copa Unio, three Copa do Brasil titles, and a record 37 Campeonato Carioca titles. They are one of just 3 clubs in the Brazilian Serie A that have never been demoted.
The club’s greatest triumphs in South American and international tournaments are its victories in the 1981 and 2019 Copa Libertadores. s well as the 1981 Intercontinental Cup versus Liverpool, guided by the club’s most legendary player Zico. Flamengo’s most ferocious and long-standing competition are with Rio de Janeiro’s other “Big Four” clubs: Fluminense, Botafogo, and Vasco da Gama.
Flamengo’s RJ Background
The club was founded in 1895 and lasted until 1912.
On Nov 17, 1895, a gathering of rowers assembled at Nestor de Barros’ mansion on Flamengo Beach in Rio de Janeiro to form Flamengo. Rowing was the prestigious, upper middle sport in the vicinity in the late 1800s, and the gang wanted to dazzle the city’s socialite young women by forming a rowing club. They could only formerly purchase an old boat called Pherusa, which had to be extensively restored before being used in contest. On Oct 6, 1895, the squad set sail from Caju Point toward Flamengo Beach for the first time. Strong gusts, on the other hand, flipped the boat over, almost drowning the rowers. A fishing boat dubbed Leal came to their rescue (Loyal). The Pherusa was afterwards hijacked while undergoing fixes and was never discovered. The gang put funds aside to purchase a new yacht, the Etoile, which they christened Scyra.
The group met at Nestor de Barros’ home on Flamengo beach on Nov 17 to form the Grupo de Regatas do Flamengo (English: Flamengo Rowing Group) and pick its inaugural board and president (Domingos Marques de Azevedo). Some weeks afterwards, it rebranded to Clube de Regatas do Flamengo, which is still in use today (Flamengo Rowing Club). The club’s founding members opted to celebrate the club’s founding on November 15 in order to align with Republic Proclamation Day, a federal holiday.
Flamengo’s football team was formed only when a bunch of 10 disgruntled Fluminense footballers left the club after a disagreement with the board. The players chose Flamengo since the team’s captain, Alberto Borgerth, was likewise a Flamengo rower. In addition, merging football opponents Botafogo or the all-English Paissandu was desirable than forming a field sports division at Flamengo. On Nov 8, 1911, new recruits were inducted. A proposition opposing the club’s participation in football contests was rejected, and on Dec 24, 1911, the participants formally founded the club’s new football division.
The unexperienced football phase(1912–1933)
The new squad practiced on Russel Beach [pt] and rapidly gathered backing from the residents, who observed their training games with interest. On May 3, 1912, the club’s first formal game took place, and they won by a score of 16–2 against Mangueira, which remains the club’s highest winning margin to this day. Flamengo’s first game versus Fluminense, which marked the beginning of the Fla-Flu feud, was held on July 7 of the same year, and Fluminense triumphed 3–2.
Flamengo placed second in the Campeonato Carioca, the Rio de Janeiro State Championship, that year. Because of its resemblance to a certain sort of kite, the team’s initial jersey was dubbed “papagaio vintém.” The team claimed the Campeonato Carioca for the inaugural occasion in 1914, and they used a red, black, and white striped shirt dubbed “cobra coral” (coral snake) until 1916. In 1915, 1920, and 1921, Flamengo claimed the Campeonato Carioca three more times.
The team made history by winning the Campeonato Carioca and 5 other titles in 1925. In 1927, the influential Rio newspaper Jornal do Brasil conducted a mail-in poll to discover “the most cherished club in Brazil,” in collaboration with a mineral water firm.
Despite the fact that Flamengo’s fan base grew the most when the club became official in the 1930s, they still won the vote over famous opponent Vasco da Gama. Flamengo was voted the most beloved club in Brazil for the first of many occasions, earning the title “O mais querido do Brasil” (“the most adored of Brazil”). The team embarked on its first trip outside of Brazil in 1933 (to Montevideo and Buenos Aires) and performed its last game as an amateur team on May 14, the same year, beating River Futebol Clube 16–2. The club’s football dept turned professional as a result of this.
The beginning of the professional era (1934–1955)
José Bastos Padilha, a local advertising, was chosen club president in 1934 and lasted until 1937. During his time as president, the club’s prominence in Rio de Janeiro and throughout Brazil skyrocketed. He created a tournament for children in schools to come up with slogans that described Flamengo. Wherein the slogan uma vez Flamengo, Flamengo até morrer (“Once you’re Flamengo, you’re Flamengo ’til you die”) was born, and ultimately became the club’s song. Padilha recruited quality players like Domingos da Guia and Leônidas da Silva in 1936. (the latter of whom would go on to be the top scorer for Flamengo in the 1938 FIFA World Cup).
Flamengo grew in popularity as a result of these prominent players. And it is thought that at this point, Flamengo was the most famous club in the country. Flamengo signed Hungarian coach Izidor “Dori” Kürschner in 1937, who brought the WM system to Brazil. As well as other European ideas including practicing without the ball. And executing a more defensive, regulated approach. Flamengo’s new stadium and present training complex, the Estádio da Gávea, was built with Padilha’s help. The stadium opened on Sept 4, 1938, with Vasco da Gama beating Flamengo 2–0, resulting to Kürschner’s firing.
The five-year struggle between professionalism and unprofessionalism in Rio de Janeiro football was settled in 1938 with the amalgamation of the 2 opposing leagues (Flamengo had been a member of the professional LCF – Liga Carioca de Football). Flamengo won the state championship in 1939, following a 12-year drought without a title, with a team that would go on to become the foundation of the three-time state winners in the 1940s.
The Hexagonal Tournament of Argentina, held in 1941, was the group’s first international tournament. Charanga Rubro-Negra, Brazil’s first structured fan group, was created in 1942 to support Flamengo.
Flamengo’s fame increased by chance during World War II, when the United States, one of Brazil’s supporters, constructed two high-powered antennae in Natal and Belém, in the north of the country, to receive enemy radio messages. They also enabled folks in the North and Northeast to listen to football games on the radio. Due to the fact that Rio de Janeiro was the country’s capital at the moment, and Flamengo had been extremely profitable throughout the war period with Zizinho and Domingos da Guia, national backing grew.
Flamengo won their first tricampeonato Carioca in 1944, capturing 3 straight Rio de Janeiro state titles (in 1942, 1943, and 1944). Zizinho, a Flamengo product who is widely regarded as the club’s first “idol,” was a significant member of this group. Just before the commencement of the 1950 World Cup in Brazil, Zizinho was relocated to Bangu, where he netted two times and the Seleço came in second. Flamengo claimed the Rio de Janeiro State League 3 occasions in a row between 1953 and 1955.
(2019–date) A new era of splendour
A fire broke out in the housing quarters of Flamengo’s Ninho do Urubu training complex on Feb 8, 2019. 10 youth players around the ages of 14 – 17 who were practicing with the club died in the fire. 3 more people were hurt.
A defective air-conditioning unit went up in flames in the chamber of one of the casualties at 5:00 a.m., causing the fire. Rodolfo Landim, the club’s president, called it “the worst catastrophe the club has ever suffered in its 123-year history.” After the incident, the governor of Rio de Janeiro established a three-day mourning period. And since, Flamengo supporters have been singing in honor of those children, known as the “Garotos do Ninho.” It occurs every tenth min of Flamengo home matches. Because the ten children were tragically killed in the incident.
The most accomplished season in the club ‘s existence was the 2019 campaign. Rodolfo Landim was voted club president for a three-year tenure at the close of 2018.
Flamengo spent R$63 million (€14.5 million) to Cruzeiro for Giorgian De Arrascaeta, the most high – priced incoming transfer cost in Brazilian soccer ever.
Santos attacker Bruno Henrique was recruited in Jan, and Inter Milan forward Gabriel “Gabigol” Barbosa was loaned to the club.
Flamengo competed in the FIFA Club World Cup for the inaugural occasion in their existence in Qatar in 2019. The club won the semi-final 3–1 over Al Hilal SFC, however did lose the final 0–1 to Liverpool.
RJ Stadium, Flamengo
The Maracan Stadium (Portuguese: Estádio do Maracan, standard Brazilian Portuguese: [estadi.u du maakn], native pronunciation: [itadu du maakn]), formally known as Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho (IPA: [itad(i)u onalit mai.u fiu], is a football stadium in Rio de Jan The stadium is portion of a complex that also incorporates the Maracanzinho Arena, which translates to “The Little Maracan” in Portuguese. The stadium, which was once acquired by the state of Rio de Janeiro, is now controlled by Flamengo and Fluminense. It’s in the Maracan district, which originally comes from the Rio Maracan, a now-canalized river in Rio de Janeiro.
On 16 July 1950, the stadium debuted to stage the FIFA World Cup, in which Brazil was defeated 2–1 by Uruguay in the deciding match before a still-standing record audience of 199,854 viewers.
The stadium has seen crowds of 150,000 or more on 26 times. The most recent being on May 29, 1983, when 155,253 people witnessed Flamengo defeat Santos 3–0. Over 100,000 people have visited the stadium 284 occasions.
However, throughout time, terraced portions have been substituted with seats, and with the 2014 FIFA World Cup restoration, its initial occupancy has been decreased to 78,838, yet it remains Brazil’s biggest stadium. The stadium hosts football games between Rio de Janeiro’s major football clubs. Such as Flamengo, Fluminense, Botafogo, and Vasco da Gama. It’s also been the site of a number of concerts and sporting events.
The final (and actually decisive match, however not a final) match of the 1950 World Cup drew 199,854 spectators. Making it the world’s biggest stadium by size at the time of its opening. The refurbished stadium now accommodates 78,838 people after a makeover from 2010 to 2013. Hence making it Brazil’s largest and second-largest stadium behind Peru’s Estadio Monumental.
The football event, as well as the welcome and ending festivities, were held there during the 2007 Pan American Games. The Maracan was substantially reconstructed for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup, when it held multiple games, such as the final. It also hosted the 2016 Summer Olympics and Paralympics inaugural and closing festivities, with the main track and field events happening in the Estádio Olmpico.
The stadium was labelled in 1966 after the lately departed Mário Filho, a Pernambucan sports journalist and Nelson Rodrigues’ brother, who was a fervent proponent of the Maracan’s development.
The Maracan River, whose source is in the jungle-covered highlands to the west, flows through numerous bairros (communities) of Rio’s Zona Norte (North Zone), including Tijuca and So Cristóvo, through a drainage ditch with sloping concrete edges. It pours into Guanabara Bay after flowing into the Canal do Mangue. The name “Maracan” comes from a Tupi–Guarani word for a form of parrot that used to live in the area. The stadium was built before the future Maracan district was formed, which was once portion of Tijuca.
In commemoration of the Brazilian stadium, Red Star Belgrade’s stadium, the Red Star Stadium, is known as Marakana.
The Edson Arantes do Nascimento – Rei Pele stadium will be renamed by the Rio de Janeiro state assembly in March 2021. The 80-year-full old’s name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento, and Rei implies “king” in Portuguese. Before the rebranding will be formal, the state governor of Rio de Janeiro must endorse it.
The Brazilian authorities intended to construct a new stadium after obtaining the rights to stage the 1950 FIFA World Cup. Carlos Lacerda, a former Congressman and political foe of the city’s mayor, general ngelo Mendes de Morais, attacked the stadium’s development for its cost and site, stating that it should have been erected in the West Zone area of Jacarepaguá. In the designated region at the period, there was a tennis stadium.
Despite this, journalist Mário Filho backed it up, and Mendes de Morais was able to bring the idea forward. The municipal government of Rio de Janeiro held a design and building contest in 1947, with the construction contract going to engineer Humberto Menescal and the architectural contract going to seven Brazilian architects: Michael Feldman, Waldir Ramos, Raphael Galvo, Oscar Valdetaro, Orlando Azevedo, Pedro Paulo Bernardes Bastos, and Antônio Dias Carneiro.
On August 2, 1948, the initial foundation was set at the stadium’s location.
The inaugural World Cup match was slated for June 24, 1950, leaving little over 2 years to complete building. But, work went behind deadline, causing FIFA to assign Dr. Ottorino Barassi, the president of the Italian Football Association, who had planned the 1934 World Cup, to Rio de Janeiro to assist. The stadium was built by a team of 1,500 people, with an extra 2,000 people working in the last months. Regardless of the fact that the stadium was first used in 1950, the building was not completed until 1965.
The FIFA World Cup, 1950
On June 16, 1950, the stadium hosted its first match. The Rio de Janeiro All-Stars defeated the So Paulo All-Stars 3–1, with Didi scoring the stadium’s first goal. Though the majority of the stadium had been completed, it still appeared like a building site, with no toilets or press box. Officials in Brazil stated it could hold more than 200,000 people. But the Guinness Book of World Records assessed it could hold 180,000 participants and other reports suggested it might hold 155,000. The fact that Maracan has surpassed Hampden Park as the world’s biggest stadium is undeniable.
Notwithstanding the stadium’s incomplete status, FIFA permitted contests to be held there, and the first World Cup game was held there on June 24, 1950, with 81,000 viewers in audience.
Brazil defeated Mexico 4–0 in the inaugural game at Maracan. With Ademir scoring the very first official goal in the stadium with his 30th-minute shot.
Improvements, the twenty-first century, and the 2014 FIFA World Cup
The stadium had upgrades after its fiftieth anniversary in 2000, bringing its total occupancy to roughly 103,000. The stadium relaunched in Jan 2007 with an allseated seating of 87,000 following years of development and a nine-month shutdown between 2005 and 2006.
A large renovation initiative was started in 2010 in preparation for the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympics and Paralympics. The original two-tier seating bowl was removed, and a new one-tier seating bowl was built in its place.
The concrete roof of the initial stadium was substituted with a fiberglass tensioned membrane coated in polytetrafluoroethylene. During the renovation, the former boxes, which were built at a level over the stands for the 2000 FIFA Club World Championship, were demolished. The new seats are yellow, blue, and white, which, when coupled with the game field’s green, constitute the Brazilian national colors. In conjunction, the stadium’s primary façade color has reverted to a grayish hue.
A municipal judge canceled a friendly match between Brazil and England slated for 2 June 2013 on 30 May 2013 due to stadium safety issues. The city of Rio de Janeiro challenged the ruling, and the match moved on as intended, with a 2–2 tie as the final result.
The relaunch of the new Maracana was commemorated by this game.
The 2014 FIFA World Cup began on June 12, 2014, with Brazil beating Croatia 3–1. However the game was played in Säo Paulo. On Sun, June 15, 2014, Argentina defeated Bosnia-Herzegovina 2–1 in the first World Cup match to be staged in Maracan. Brazil never played a game at the Maracan all through the championship. Because they were ousted in the semi-finals 7-1 by Germany. Germany beat Argentina 1–0 in additional time in the final.
The French business Lagardère inked a contract to manage the Maracan on April 5, 2017. By the close of the concession, which was acquired by Odebrecht in 2013 and is guaranteed until 2048, Lagardère will have invested over R$500 million. According to the newspaper Folha de S. Paulo, the group forecasts that emergency stadium fixes will cost around R$15 million. The bid to operate the stadium for 35 yrs was secured in 2013 by the onetime managers of Odebrecht, AEG, and IMX, a business run by Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista. The corporation was linked to OAS, a Brazilian construction company, and the Amsterdam Arena. Lagardère was in 2nd spot in the bidding at the moment.
Apply here; https://www.flamengo.com.br/futebol-base
Select any Club of your choice below and Apply for Football/Soccer Academy. (Application is Free)
- Manchester United Academy
- Liverpool Football Academy
- Arsenal Football Academy
- Chelsea FC Youth Academy
- Manchester City Football Academy
- Real Madrid Youth Academy
- Juventus FC Academy
- Barcelona FC Youth Academy
- Bayern Munich Football Academy
- AC Milan Football Academy
- Leicester City FC Academy
- Zenit FC Academy
- Ajax Football Academy
- Everton Football Academy
- Southampton Football Academy
- Feyenoord Football Academy
- Stoke City Football Academy
- Football Scholarships in Australia
- FCV Football Academy the UK